If you need urgent support for an eviction or illegal lock out, email WTU at [email protected]
Rental or deposit assistance
- WTU has limited funds available for rental assistance. We can boost your Venmo/Cash App/ Paypal on our social media. Email us to get in touch about this!
- COVID-19 rent relief – for households experiencing instability due to COVID
- Utah Community Action rental assistance – If your household is experiencing a temporary financial crisis
- Housing Authority of Salt Lake- If your household does not exceed 50% of the median income for an individual ($15,623) or a family ($30,388) you can apply for a housing voucher through the Housing Authority of Salt Lake (801) 487-2161
Tenants Rights and Laws
- Utah Legal Services: Tenants legal rights in common housing issues
- Mediation is a voluntary process that may help a tenant maintain housing and avoid eviction but does not include any legal services.
- Utah Community Action Mediation
- Utah Court Mediation Program – if you are currently involved in an eviction process
Free Legal Help
Wasatch Tenants works with these organizations and shares many of core values around gentrification, policing, and providing free resources in the Salt Lake Valley.
- Rose Park Brown Berets – Organization based in Rose Park that opposes gentrification in the neighborhood
- Salt Lake Community Mutual Aid
- Decarcerate Utah – Prison abolitionist group aimed at exploring alternatives to policing and eliminating the root causes of harm in communities
- Open Air Shelter – Coalition offering solidarity to homeless people
DISCLAIMER: Wasatch Tenants United will not provide legal advice over the internet, phone, or in person. The information on this website is not legal advice but curated information from Salt Lake agencies and organizations.